Monday, September 14, 2009

14 September 2009- No rest for the weary

Have you ever heard the phrase "I'll sleep when I'm dead" ? I think that phrase fits last week to the proverbial "T". Although this weekend didn't include as much sleeping as I thought it should it was very good. I did sleep an hour later on Saturady morning than I ment to, which made me tardy to our church's Relief Society Super Saturday. Really at first I didn't even want to go, they cut out the crafts, but I took a financial planning class that was very moving, weird huh? Then I took a cooking class by this amazing lady who has written a cookbook that plans all of your meals with no repeats for a year, and factors in leftovers!The most amazing part was that in three hours we made enough food to feed 40+ people and it only costs $30.00 Now if I could just find a willing body to go do my grocery shopping.

Dannielle is up and on the river by 5:30 every morning and is preparing for her first meet on September 27 on against OSU. Of course I will be there in my WSU fan gear screaming like a mad woman from the shore. I need to reasearch the noble sport of rowing to find out what one yells from the sidelines. After years of soccer, track, and wrestling (Dan'l was a wrestling manager) I am uncertain as to what the appropriate rowing vernacular might be. Oh well if you're at a rowing event and you're standing next to some obnoxious lady dressed like a bumble bee (WSU's colors are yellow and black) screaming nonsense, please be patient and pull me to the side for some schooling, I wont mind, and Dan'l will be grateful! Go Dannielle! That sounds safe to yell? Right?



Josie started dance class with some of her friends Saturday and has found something that she loves more than golf. I understand her waltz needs some help, but for her first time ever in a dance class, I'm impressed, she wants to do competitions, oh well, so much for sleeping in on the weekends. She has had an amazing week, Tuesday September 15 she placed first in a school golf tournament. I was sitting in the kitchen talking to a friend when she called and told me about winning the tournament, it was hilarious, she was so excited that her voice hit this pitch that only dogs can hear and it took me a few tries to get her to bring it down enough octaves so that I could understand what she was telling me. She shot a 76 in 18! Way to go Josie!

This week has been just as crazy as the weekend. I decided to make the move from broadband internet to digital. Let's just say I could never be accused of being computer savvy. After getting the software to install Cox on our laptops, I realized (with the help of a friend) that I would need a wireless router for everyone to be able to get on the internet at the same time, so off to Wal-Mart. An hour later we return home with the instrument that is going to bring peace back into my life and I load up the software and manage to crash both computers. Ugh. I give. So for a few days we go on like this, thankfully the computers were okay, but for some strange reason every time one person logged in to the internet , the other person would get kicked off. We went on like this for a few days and let me tell you, I am sick, sick, sick, of the word internet, I now loathe computers and my patience with teenage girls is wearing dangerously thin. Luckily, my sweet friend Elicia and her seriously smart hubby Bryce came over. With Bryce's degree in engineering ( no clue how that relates to computers) and ability to dumb down his questions so that I could understand them, VOILA! Internet harmony! Now, maybe we can get back to our normal abnormal life...beautiful, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment