Saturday, September 5, 2009

5 Sept 2009 What a week!

It seems to me that when I plan things, everything that can go wrong, well you know the rest. This week my bestie Jessica and I were planning on taking Friday off and going down to Oklahoma City to go to the temple. This would have been the first time that I've been in almost four years! So it would be an understatement to say that I was excited. However, Jess's hubby Andy got sick last Saturday and by Wednesday was in the hospital with meningitis. Thursday morning one of their 3yr old twins Liz goes in with (yep you guessed it!) meningitis, now Jess who would rather suffer every pain in the world than to see her loved ones hurting, just had to sample some of this serious illness herself!

In the meantime my oldest, Dannielle, is off to the lake with her best friend of 7yrs Ash and our new family addition all the way from Beijing, Peiling. Peiling is a foreign exchange student who is AWESOME! She has adjusted so well to our lifestyle and religious beliefs that it's going to be extremely hard to say goodbye at the end of the school year. So, Dannielle and Peiling are off to Eureka. Enjoy girlies and stay safe!

My youngest Josie has discovered an amazing group of friends from the Rolling Hills ward and the Maize ward and since she has started hanging out with them I see her less and less on the weekends, but such is life.

So you would think that my weekend would have been pretty much void of activity, not so! Fortunately St. Joseph's hospital was kind enough to bring Jess's hubby over to St. Francis where Jess and Lizzie were, so with Lizzie on the peds floor and Jess and hubby on the fourth floor and in the same room (How cool is that?) I was able to have a very unusual Friday night, spent with the best kind of people, watching movies we grew up with, giggling like we did when we were young and careless. In one of the Harry Potter movies, the character Professor Dumbledore said "Even in the darkest of times, one can find happiness if they just remember to turn on the light." I can't believe that at first I was disappointed in the cancelling of the trip, which made me realize that I was being selfish, but in the end I'm just glad that my friends are well and with this life that tends to go by way to quickly that I was blessed to have spent a few hours with some of the people that make this life, beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment