Wednesday, September 9, 2009

9 September 2009- Seminary

You would think that after a month or so of getting out of bed 5 DAYS a week at 5AM that I'd get accustomed to being up so early. WRONG! The first alarm goes off at 4:30am so that Dannielle can get to practice by 5:25 (AM!!!) The second goes off at 5 (AM!!!!!) I pry myself out of bed and start trying to wake Josie and Peiling (who is probably re-thinking her choice to come live with this crazy family) and from there it's the morning routine, thank goodness we have two bathrooms. My idea of getting out of bed early is 8am, so in my personal opinion 5am is just plain rude. But the blessings it brings are inumerable. This morning was one of "those" mornings where I am up and alert and ready to go by 5:20 (Yay me!) and at 5:35 I am still trying to convince Josie and Pei that it really is time to get out of bed, and no, I'm not kidding!

I'm not one that wakes up bright eyed and bushy tailed and perky, I need silence and space to wander around and get coherent. I feel bad for Peiling, my kids know to stay out of my space until I've been awake for about 20 minutes, I'm not sure how they learned this but I'll bet it's because I dont look very friendly and inviting at that obscene time of the morning. Poor Pei just scurries past me as if she knows that at any moment I could snap. Eventhough I have seriously considered moving to Utah so that Josie would be able to attend seminary at school, I can't complain. Although I honestly believe that parents of children who attend early morning seminary should receive a gold star or in the very least an honorable mention at the end of the year. I am grateful to the teachers who get up at 5am everyday to be there by 6am and prepare daily to teach my children eternal principles and give them the spiritual start to their day that in this day and age they REALLY need.

I have to applaud Josie and Pei and the other teens who make the commitment to be there and learn, who get up even when they could sleep another hour, Seminary has truly made an impression on their lives that will last forever...how awesome is it when that I am learning true commitment from someone half my age? Life. Beautiful, confusing, amusing, life.

No comments:

Post a Comment